Thursday, April 11, 2013

Philip Toledano

Whenever we looked at Philip Toledano's documentary, "Days with My Father," I was inspired. I love how he didn't take photos of just his father, but he also used still life photos to tell the story of the environment his father lived in.
 
 
One of my favorite still life photos he included in this documentary was the photo of the bed side table that had a notebook on it. The notebook featured his father's hand writing--something that is so unique to each and every person out there.
 
 
I think this photo above is one of the best photos in the documentary as well. At first, I thought this photo was going to be the last one because I thought it was suppose to symbolize his father's death.  The repetition of lines in the curtains is so subtle and simple. There are so many lines repeating in the curtains like the many years in his father's life. 

His story is so inspiring, and it makes me want to use my photos in the same way as that.

No comments:

Post a Comment